How to Select the Best FBO Management Company?
The aviation industry is changing faster than ever. Despite being one of the important cornerstones for the global transportation economy, it has been dealing with complicated issues and hurdles, much of which is related to management of assets and services. Airport sponsors, institutional investors and other financial institutions may have a difficult time staying aligned with changing industry trends.
FBOs or Fixed Based Operators, are provide critical services on airports. Core services provided by an FBO usually include the handling, fueling and hangaring of General Aviation aircraft. General Aviation (GA) is a term most broadly defined as any aviation activity not falling into the category of Commercial Aviation (Part 121 or Part 125 operations conducted at a Part 139 certificated airport) or Military Aviation (military aircraft operations). General Aviation is also referred to as private aviation, and is further segmented into corporate and recreational categories.. In this post, we discuss ideas for selecting the right FBO Management Service Company for your specific requirements.
- Focus on experience. There is nothing like experience when it comes to aviation management. Find a FBO that has worked in different capacities and for different types of airports, from smaller general aviation municipal airports to international commercial hubs. Experience makes a huge difference and drive results.
- Check their clientele. FBOs and aviation management companies may claim all types of capabilities, but can they document a proven track record? Previous clientele and work profile are some of the aspects that must be diligenced in detail.
- Scalability in operations. Fixed Base Operators often have scalable metrics, which allows clients to have better supply chain economics and more efficient operations.
- Experience in different services. The work of aviation management companies is no longer limited to a core line services. Local demand at an airport may create opportunities for aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Aircraft Charter and Management (ACM) services.
- International Operations. Aviation companies that have worked in regions beyond United States have deeper capabilities in terms of support and management. Companies like Global Aviation Infrastructure LLC have worked in Asia, the Middle East, North America and Europe, and you can expect world-class support from their expert team.
The right FBO management company can favorably impact the way you manage and control your aviation assets. Take your time to evaluate their work, check their references, and ask them to tailor a bespoke management plan to meet your needs.
- Posted by admin
- May 25, 2018
- 0 Comments